dreamhouse (was: RE: Huh)

Kyla Tornheim kyla at sccs.swarthmore.edu
Wed Dec 22 08:33:26 EST 2004

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004, Allison Marles wrote:

> My dreamhouse also has secret passage ways.  There's one that goes
> through a set of dresser drawers to a hidden room.  But I haven't dreamt
> of my house for a long time.  I can't remember much else about it except
> that it must be quite a large old house with stairs in odd places.

I feel that it was all this discussion that forced me to dream of a house
with a secret passageway last night. ...of course, the super-sekrit backup
secret passageway (because the Bad Guy was in the living room, which had
the press-the-knob-on-the-fireplace door) was the "secret door/stairway"
which actually exists in my boyfriend's parents' house: in the formal
parlor, which is at the very end of the house, the end wall is fairly
thick, because there's a fireplace, which is flanked by windows. The bits
of wall on either side of those windows are as thick as the fireplace; and
both of them have doors in, although they're the kind of door which looks
mostly like part of the wall with a doorknob. One is just a cabinet, which
I think is used for firewood; the other one leads to a narrow, steep
stairway which goes up to the master bedroom suite. Note that the master
bedroom suite can be perfectly adequately reached from the very obvious
front staircase, and the formal parlor is not used very often, and the
staircase in the wall is actually known. But it's still very cool.

Although I didn't appreciate dreaming that there was a Bad Guy in the
living room. ;^)