Tracking

Margaret Ball margaret at onr.com
Tue Dec 21 18:33:00 EST 2004

Deborah wrote

>My arguments is that the gifted kids will usually figure *something* out
>> on their own, and the less gifted won't, but that's not always true.
>> And true isn't always fair.

and Allison pointed out

>It's not only that it isn't fair to the gifted kids, it can actually
>be doing a real disservice to them because they will not necessarily
>have the opportunities or resources to find enrichement on their own.

And even if they have those opportunities or resources (for instance I,
as a faculty brat, had a whole university to play in) they aren't
necessarily equipped to find their best path without guidance.  I
certainly didn't.

--
Margaret Ball

It's finished! The bead embroidery book is here. Lots of pretty pictures at
http://www.flameweaver.com/embeadery.html