Birthdays/biases/logic

Irina Rempt irina at valdyas.org
Tue Dec 21 12:23:33 EST 2004

On Tuesday 21 December 2004 17:23, deborah wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Dec 2004, Margaret Ball wrote:
> |Irina wrote
> |
> |>I always longed for an eccentric intellectual
> |>family where it's usual to discuss weird scientific facts at the
> |> dinner table and outsiders can come and soak up culture
> |
> |You want to move in with us?

Er, I've got one of those families of my own now. But thanks :-)

> roots of such words as "aftermath" (after + math, for math =
> mow + th, after the mowing);

Hey, I didn't know that! Cool!

> Trust me, this is fascinating when you are (a) hungover and (b) us.

Oh yes; not only then.

I caught myself the other day explaining to a ten-year-old, definitely
not flesh of my flesh, how the trapped air in the egg-whites I'd just
let her beat would make the cheese souffle rise. (And she had seconds,
and thirds, when said souffle appeared on the table)

   Irina

http://www.valdyas.org/foundobjects/index.cgi        Latest: 17-Dec-2004