Huh

HSchinske at aol.com HSchinske at aol.com
Tue Dec 21 12:15:07 EST 2004

In a message dated 12/21/2004 6:52:52 AM Pacific Standard Time, Minnow
writes:

> Between them and the castle in *The Princess and the Goblin* they have
> given me a house I quite often visit in my dreams.  Either that or there
> is a house somewhere in the Dreaming from which all these (and now I
> come to think of it, the house Charles de Lint has as well) were drawn,
> of which they are each a partial picture, and which I can somehow get
> to. It has a library on two levels, with a sort of passage running
> through it on one side that is a low bookshelf lower than the rest of
> the room, and dark oak steps up into the main part of the room, which
> has several tall windows on the far side, each with a window-seat
> running round under it and heavy dark velvety curtains.

You need to read _The Velvet Room_ by Zilpha Keatley Snyder, too.

My thing in dreams is secret rooms -- finding doors that weren't there before
and going through them into charming little cozy rooms (usually lined with
bookcases, possibly window-seated). But I dream all sorts of different houses.
My sister does too, but it makes more sense for her, as she's an interior
designer.

Helen Schinske