Deus ex machina

Roger Burton West roger at firedrake.org
Tue Dec 21 11:04:28 EST 2004

On Tue, Dec 21, 2004 at 03:55:38PM +0000, Minnow wrote:

>The Chrestomanci multiverse is
>of a slightly different nature from that of the others, in that it has a
>finite number of worlds per series and is more contained/enclosed.

While I do not dispute your observations, how much of this is traceable
to world-view or the state of understanding of _a_ multiverse, and of
the ways of getting around in it? If one only knew about walking and
the Underground system, for example, one would have a very different
conception of places in London and how best to get from one to another
from that of someone who only knew about taxis.

_Given the data we have_, I think either the polytope or the
single-multiverse model is supportable.

Roger