Deus ex machina

Katarina Hjärpe head_overheels at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 21 07:16:31 EST 2004

>A while ago we had a brief discussion of Anscher's appearance as d ex m,
and
>whether that was ironic on DWJ's part or not. I don't remember it coming
up
>otherwise (at least in my time).

I don't think Anscher counts, since he doesn't actually solve the problem.
Koryfos *may* count, but OTOH there's so much foreshadowing: Andrew's
paleness and distracted air mirroring Maree's, how the people of the Empire
adore Koryfos and are convinced he will return again, and so on, and so on.
The sensation of "where the hell did *that* come from?" isn't quite strong
enough. But it's still *there*, so I don't know...

Katta