dreamhouse (was: RE: Huh)

Charles Butler hannibal at thegates.fsbusiness.co.uk
Tue Dec 21 06:45:51 EST 2004

I don't have a house, but I do have a small seaside resort, which I'm
usually allowed a little bit of time to enjoy just before the dream ends. I
spend most of the dream simply getting there - sometimes cycling through
green woods, sometimes taking a small steam train through water meadows,
sometimes climbing the sandy track over the hills at the back of the town. I
once tried waiting for a bus, but none came so I had to walk (some things
never change). It's worth it though - although the last time I visited (a
few days ago) they had very high tides, and the donkeys had nowhere to
promenade. I hope that doesn't bode ill...

And of course, like C.S. Lewis with his 'island' in the Pilgrim's Regress, I
always judge any real resort by its resemblance of otherwise to *my* one.

Charlie