Huh

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Mon Dec 20 23:42:01 EST 2004

> Oh, I don't necessarily agree. I can quite see that Lewis's humor isn't to
> everyone's taste (neither is Nesbit's, for that matter), but there are plenty of
> people who start to chortle just remembering the first line of _The Voyage of
> the Dawn Treader_.

*grin* I, for instance, demanded to be allowed to read Voyage of the
Dawn Treader to my niece, while quoting 'there once was a boy called
Eustance Clarence Scrubb and he almost deserved it.' My Narnia deficient
friends looked at me askance and then were very amused.

> By the way, did anyone else think that there was quite another story that
> *might* have been told about the Professor's house, a much more domestic sort of
> one, and feel a little cheated that we never found out any more about all
> those interesting rooms in it?

Hm... yes, sort of like the rooms in the house in _The Secret Garden_.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"I don't get the facts wrong.  It's everything else I screw up."
    -- _The Librarian: Quest for the Spear_