dwj-digest (Diana Wynne Jones) V1 #929

Dorian E. Gray israfel at eircom.net
Mon Dec 20 16:58:22 EST 2004

Jadwiga said...

> *giggle* I remember having a long-draw-out argument with my mother about
> taking typing in summer school. My mother was afraid that being a woman
> who could type would limit my career prospects. :)

Whereas *my* parents *insisted* that one of the things I did during my year
off between school and university was take a secretarial course: "that way,
no matter what else happens, you'll always have something to fall back on."

And I've used what I learned on that course far more than what I learned on
my university course in my working life...

Dorian.