OT Potter film news -- especially for Kyra

Kyra Jucovy klj at sccs.swarthmore.edu
Mon Dec 20 07:47:22 EST 2004

On Sun, 19 Dec 2004, Ven wrote:

> According to this article
>
> http://scotlandonsunday.scotsman.com/scotland.cfm?id=1448222004
>
> <The members of Mercury Prize-winning Franz
> Ferdinand were all set to appear in, and write
> music for, the latest movie based on JK Rowling’s
> Harry Potter novels.
>
> But Scotland on Sunday can reveal that the band
> have pulled out of the project, citing
> "scheduling difficulties"....... Kapranos, Bob
> Hardy, Paul Thomson and Nick McCarthy were
> recently approached to cameo in Harry Potter and
> the Goblet of Fire as a band of witches called
> the Wyrd Sisters.  >
>

> <Franz Ferdinand’s place in the movie will be
> filled by Radiohead guitarist Jonny Greenwood and
> former Pulp singer Jarvis Cocker.>
>
> I think Jarvis is a pretty good choice and I
> think that Kyra, who likes to quote Cocker and
> Pulp in her sigs, will be well pleased.
>

> =====
> Ven

Indeed I am!  What with first _Howl's Moving Castle_ and now this, both of
the two most influential artists in my life are going to be appearing on
screen (well, you know what I mean) in front of millions of people all
over the world.  It's great!

					---Kyra

---
Grace Margaret Mulligan: "I want to make this world a little better."
			---Lars Von Trier, _Dogville_