School systems (was dwj-digest (Diana Wynne Jones) V1 #929

Judith Ridge Judith.Ridge at det.nsw.edu.au
Sun Dec 19 21:05:35 EST 2004

> Another type is the Agricultural High School, which
> have always been around, and are boarding schools
> usually in country areas. There is one of these in
> Sydney which is also a selective school and has had
> the best name of any school in the State, public or
> private (although a bit tarnished in the last couple
> of years).

Best name in the state? Not if it's the one I was appointed to as a first
year out in 1986. The recent investigations into the poor academic standards
and the appalling "culture" of the school (students and teachers) was going
on back then. I could tell you stories make your toes curl.

Judith

Judith Ridge
Editorial Staff
The School Magazine