Huh

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Fri Dec 17 15:52:45 EST 2004

> Yes, I think it's his unease about women and his distrust of change that
> irritate me most about him as well, and the way he mocks certain ideas as
> if they were inherently stupid, unable to see that this was merely his
> subjective reaction rather than anything objective. The way he is scathing
> about vegetarianism and coeducation in _Voyage of the Dawntreader_  is a
> good example.

Well, actually it's The Silver Chair where it's clear he's mocking the
philosophies, not just the people embracing them. (And to be fair, there
seem to have been an awful lot of 'quite queer people' embracing that
sort of thing with a missionary fervor in those days, so even the nicest
writers of that period have little sympathy for that sort of thing.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"I don't get the facts wrong.  It's everything else I screw up."
    -- _The Librarian: Quest for the Spear_