dwj-digest (Diana Wynne Jones) V1 #929

Robyn Starkey rohina at shaw.ca
Thu Dec 16 04:07:00 EST 2004

>How do other countries represented here do it?

I can't speak for the whole of Canada, but in Calgary what happens in high
school appears to be that everyone smokes a lot of pot all the time, and
then 2-4 years later, they turn up in my Grade 12 equivalent English class
when they realise they actually might want to get a degree or something. In
a way it's nice that actual Grade 12 is so low stress. When I was at school
in Melbourne your Year 12 results were actually important enough to be
stressful.

Robyn