Doubles in DWJ

mecha godscylla mechagodscylla at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 15 13:16:19 EST 2004

Otter:
>Be careful.  You are about to demonstrate the truth of Perry's Law[1]:
>books expand to exceed the available space.

Whoa. Vertigo.  I opened this email, read the above passage first, and I
thought this email was from my husband because we are Perry also.  We are
moving and we have just been hunting for a place to live.  Highest priority
of each property reviewed: how much room for bookshelves?

Anyway, we found a place that is surpassingly suitable, with several
built-in bookshelves to augment our own. The other night, he said with
tentative wonder, "There may not be enough books to fill all the shelves."

It's sort of frightening.  Could it be wrong to have such fortune?

Otter:
>One of the corollaries is that if you take all the books out of your
>new bookshelves, you will not be able to get them all back in.

And that books expand to into the space available?

Elise
muttering to herself "remember thou art mortal"