Blank Intro "form"

Robert Baker-Self Robert at bloodandhonour.nildram.co.uk
Wed Dec 15 03:46:25 EST 2004

*delurk*

Name: Robert Baker-Self

Living in: Reading, Berkshire, UK

Age: 29 years, 11 months and 22 days. For some reason, this seems important.

What I do when not playing here: I swim competitively, play bridge
competitively and play in a band (badly). I also do various *whisper* LARP
things as well.

Married/partnered/?: Live with long-term girlfriend.

Offspring (human variety): None

Offspring (non-human): One white and ginger cat.

First DWJ/when: The Ogre Downstairs. However, I didn't think that much of it
at the time, and it was Charmed Life that really got me hooked.

Favourite DWJ: Archer's Goon. A Tale of Time City. Charmed Life.

Least favourite DWJ: Um...Probably Dark Lord of Derkholm, but it's a bit
like selecting which of your children you like least, I suspect.

Other favourite authors/books: Robert Crais, Robert Heinlein, Orson Scott
Card, Philip K Dick, George RR Martin (esp. Fevre Dream and Tuf Voyaging),
China Mieville, Kathy Reichs, Michael Connolly, Dudley Pope, CS Forester,
Bernard Cornwall, Clive Cussler (everyone needs weaknesses), Ian Rankin,
Elizabeth Moon (more weakness, though the Deed of Paksnerrion series was
great fun).

Music: Lots of things. Richard Thompson. Bruce Cockburn. Bruce Springsteen.
Thea Gilmore. Steeleye Span. The Four Seasons. Fairport Convention. Eliza
Carthy. Mary Chapin Carpenter. Richard Shindell. Dar Williams. Arlo Guthrie.
Lots of Tamla-Motown. Otis Redding. Bill Withers. Suzy Bogguss. Abba.
Oysterband. The Men They Couldn't Hang. Tom Russell. Steve Earle. Girls
Aloud. Aqua. Dvorak. Michael Nyman (especially Music a Grande Vitesse). John
Tavener +++.

Currently reading: The Usurper King : Henry of Bolingbroke 1366-99 - Marie
Louise Bruce.

What I'm hoping to get for Christmas: A DVD writer.

Movies: Seven Samurai. The Three Colours Trilogy, but especially "Red". Mr
Smith Goes To Washington.

Tv: Dr Who (sad but true). Waking The Dead. CSI (_not_ Miami). JAG. NCIS.
Babylon 5. The Avengers. Star Cops (I have it all on video!). UFO. Morse.
Hornblower. Sharpe. Queer Eye For A Straight Guy.

Regards

Robert