CS Lewis (Was: Favourite books)

Margaret Ball margaret at onr.com
Tue Dec 14 22:52:43 EST 2004

Melissa wrote

>that sounds like a truly asinine
>extreme to go to.  Are you in Austin?  My aunt lives there and I know she
>was homeschooling for a while due to how much she hated the school system.

Yup. Austin does have a tendency to go to asinine extremes. I bet your
aunt and I could have a great time comparing rants about the school
system. Well, our Katie graduates on Thursday, and I'm giving serious
consideration to going down to the school board on Friday and screaming,
"I NEVER HAVE TO DEAL WITH YOU ASSHOLES ANY MORE!!!!"  Been waiting 14
years for this moment.

More likely, though, we'll just pop a bottle of champagne.

>I was a little jealous of the vocational kids.  They got out of school early
>and had *jobs*.

And that's exactly what our Katie should have been doing the last few
years. Oh well, now she can train for something she's interested in and
cares about. I suspect that alone is going to make a major attitude shift.

--
Margaret Ball
http://www.flameweaver.com

Mathematicians are like Frenchmen; whatever you say to them they translate into their own language and forthwith it is something entirely different.

                                        -Goethe