CS Lewis (Was: Favourite books)

Ven vendersleighc at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 14 22:24:27 EST 2004

I was unwise enough to write

*I have distinctly animist tendencies that
make
> >> it a bit more complicated than that......

Judith  said
> >Now, you're not going to go off and marry a
wall are you Ven?

Melissa:
>Ven won't settle for anything less than a
two-story condo with a good view
>of the street.

Elise
<Hee hee! So it's one of those girl-meets-house
romances.

Charlie:
<In that case you need a rival for her affections

to appear in Chapter 4 -
maybe a suavely minimalist warehouse conversion?>

Gili Bar-Hillel:
<Which will turn out, after a brief fling, to be
harbouring a deep dark
secret: it's actually merely a sublet, and the
owners are looking to sell -
plus which the downstairs neighbors are a
late-nite disco, of the wrong sort.>

Margaret:
<Ok, you guys, cut it out! I'm getting an urge to

write this book.

Oh, what the hell. So I waste some time writing.
Who knows, maybe
Harlequin is ready for a new subgenre.>

Here I am having an ill day and you all choose
this as the time to start being terribly witty at
my expense, it's just not fair- air. Listen up I
am not going to marry any kind of bricks, mortar,
plasterwork, dados, skirting boards, lintels or
windowsills, not concrete or wooden sidings or
plasterboard or pebble dash, especially not
pebble dash. I will not marry a mansion, a
cottage or indeed a hovel. It could have murals,
frescos or bas reliefs but the answer is still a
most emphatic "No!" You cannot tempt me with an
iron age roundhouse, a neolithic long house nor
even a Minoan style palace, though it may have
not one but three terraces, royal apartments,
sweeping stone staircases, processional ways and
the most stupendous views of Mount Ida you can
imagine. I AM NOT CELEBARATING ANY KIND OF UNION
WITH ANY KIND OF SODDING BUILDING, OKAY? Besides
my heart is promised to a Garden. (Have I ever
mentioned how much I love A Civil Campaign?
Vorkosigan House, you can keep your Vorkosigan
house!!).

Thank you all so much for the laugh, tee hee.

=====
Ven