My introduction

Tue Dec 14 20:50:22 EST 2004

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 20:40:58 -0500, Katie Meyers wrote:

>Minnow said:
><There was one
>person once (a doctor who not only said "you are calcium deficient,
>that's
>why your spine is collapsing, you must drink more milk" and when she had
>carefully explained that she was lactose intolerent and couldn't drink
>milk
>or eat any milk products said "well then you must eat more cheese",

Gaaah.  I mean, that whole story was horrendous, but really--shouldn't a
doctor know what dairy products are?  I mean, REALLY.  That's why we have
calcium supplements in pill form.  And any number of other calcium sources.

Melissa Proffitt
who didn't realize how much dairy goes into everyday items until she had to
give it up for six months, not that the child she gave it up for is at ALL
appreciative of the sacrifice, though it turns out that chocolate soy milk
is actually quite tasty