Hallie's Re: Blank Intro "form"

Tue Dec 14 20:23:38 EST 2004

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 17:18:08 +0000, Hallie O'Donovan wrote:

>Melissa:
>
>>I was under the impression that I told her to stay at home and sacrifice her
>>intellectual pursuits for the sake of knitting nosewarmers.  You just can't
>>reason with some people.
>
>Penwipers, my dear, penwipers!   Actually, come to think of it,
>knitting is having a huge upswing at the moment, with a nicely
>subversive edge to it, so maybe I ought to reconsider this path!

I understand even celebrities are knitting now.  You could be part of the
jet-setting crowd of knitters!

Penwipers.  That's it.  I knew it was something floppy.

>>So, has it been worth it?  The long, sleepless nights, the writing of
>>papers, the reading of books?
>
>The long, sleepless nights (or short, sleepless nights of summers
>around here) have been no problem.  If you would just separate the
>writing of papers and the reading of books a bit you'd get an even
>more definitive yes answer to your question.  (And you wisely omitted
>mention of the exams).

One of the conditions of my graduation was that I would never, ever have to
think about exams again.  Of course, then every December and April when
BYU's exam time rolls around, I do a little happy dance of joy that I'm not
there....

Maybe *I* should read _To Say Nothing of the Dog_ again.  Though I actually
have a "to be read" pile for the first time, next to my bed, that is pretty
tall.

Melissa Proffitt