Heyer (was Names of children (was Melissa's Introduction))

Tue Dec 14 20:18:21 EST 2004

On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 22:32:52 -0600, Margaret Ball wrote:

>Melissa wrote
>
>>And I've read _Venetia_ but don't own it--bummer, that, because
>>> it's one of my favorites.  Ditto _Lady of Quality_ and _The Talisman Ring_.
>>> I would really like to get _False Colours_ and _The Reluctant Widow_.
>>
>Have you tried Addall's used book search? ( http://used.addall.com/).
>You can probably find all those titles in paperback there. If you want
>hard cover editions, it's a little more difficult. I'm slowly replacing
>my battered and beloved Heyer paperbacks with hardcover books as I find
>them at reasonable prices, but it takes time.

Thanks for the link--I'd never heard of them.  I'll definitely try it out.

Right now I'm still trying to find things cheap.  What I hate about online
purchasing of used books is that the shipping just about kills any chance
you have of saving money.  I was really disappointed when ABE went to the
new format of buying books through them instead of contacting sellers
directly.  Okay, not hugely disappointed; it does make buying multiple books
from multiple vendors a lot easier.  However, as I discovered when looking
into buying from a UK vendor, ABE charges through the nose for international
shipping.  I know darn well that it doesn't cost that much.

I'm almost certainly going to have to replace some of the Heyers in the near
future.  They get read too often for paperbacks to be practical.

Melissa Proffitt