dwj-digest (Diana Wynne Jones) V1 #929

Greeniegirl2 at aol.com Greeniegirl2 at aol.com
Tue Dec 14 18:14:15 EST 2004

In a message dated 12/14/2004 3:04:20 PM Central Standard Time, JOdel at aol.com
writes:
For example: there was no such thing as "Advanced Placement" in my day. I
suspect that that is what used to be called "College Prep" back in my day.
You can choose whether to take AP's or not so since I am good at history I am
in AP Euro. Hist. but I dont like chemistry very much so instead of doing
Honors I'm in normal (and can still try to take AP Biology next year). The only
thing is that "advanced math" or Honors starts in 7th grade and then from that
point on they are always a year ahead but one of my friends really wants to
take Honors math next year so he is taking two math classes. So people can do it
if they really want to....one is good enough for me. Of course getting into
college is so impossible now you have to take a bunch of AP's, and play a
sport, and do some arts thing, and start a club, all while having amazing grades
and a good personality. Curing cancer might also help. ugh
-Jordan