Intro form

Dorian E. Gray israfel at eircom.net
Tue Dec 14 15:07:49 EST 2004

Jackie said...

> Bonus:  I have to drive 65 miles one way to work.
> When I take the train
> (which I do as often as I can), it takes me a round
> trip total of 5.5-6
> hours to commute.  Do I have the longest commute, by
> either measure?

You certainly beat me!  I have a short (by Dublin standards) commute; about
25 minutes by bus (one way) - though on bad days I can spend up to an hour
and three-quarters *waiting* for the bus.  Can I win the longest wait time?

> And didn't we have an oldest car contest, once when
> we were doing intros?
>  Mine is a 1978 Datsun 280Z wtih 416,000 miles (two
> engines, three
> transmissions).  My husband's is a 1967 VW
> Squareback (unknown number of
> miles).  Anyone have older cars?

Not here.  We recently (Patrick & I) got our first car - she's a 10-year-old
Ford Escort named Tiffany.  We haven't actually driven her at all yet,
though we've had her for a couple of months; between our own procrastinatory
habits and assorted paperwork issues (the latest being that the tax office
does not believe that we own her), we have not yet managed to line up all
the appropriate ducks.  So poor Tiff sits forlornly in the drive with a flat
tyre (deliberate, to foil the local joy-riders).

Dorian.