CS Lewis (Was: Favourite books)

Otter Perry ottertee at silverwinggraphics.com
Tue Dec 14 11:50:48 EST 2004

On Monday, December 13, 2004, at 03:38 PM, mecha godscylla wrote:

> Dorian:
>> Oh, absolutely.  "Always winter and never Christmas", for instance,
>> is an image to strike dread into any heart!
>
> Except mine as I've recently taken up skiing and have developed a
> completely different view on this, particularly when the snow is fine
> and comes in great quantity.  If I also take to snowboarding (which I
> haven't tried yet), you have inspired me to name my board Jadis.
> Granted, there are serious food-getting problems with an "always
> winter" situation.

You just have to live somewhere where the season is controlled by
the altitude.  That is, there will always be snow in the mountains, but
down on the plains, they'll be doing the usual agricultural things.
It's
somewhat like that in this part of CO, but I admit that there isn't snow
in the mountains all the time.

[My stepdaughter is working for Telluride Ski Resort this winter,
  speaking of snowboarding.  She's going to start as soon as she
  gets paid.  She already longboards.]