Subject: Helen rewrites Little Women

Ven vendersleighc at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 13 19:37:10 EST 2004

Charlie wrote

> I was glad to see that our own Helen Schinske
seems to have prompted Puffin
> Classics to un-bowdlerize their text of *Little

Women* and restore its
> sinful references to the terpsichorean art.
Check out the full story at
> ACHUKACHAT...

http://achuka.co.uk/achukachat/viewtopic.php?t=54&highlight=

And a curious story it is indeed. Well done
Helen, there are dance prohibiting sects in the
UK as well, for example the Wee Wee Frees in
Scotland (as opposed to the "Wee Frees, from
which they schismed -- aka the Free Church and
the United Free Church)  This enables me to tell
one of my favourite jokes:

Why are the Wee Wee Frees disapproving of sex?

Because....................wait for

IT MIGHT LEAD TO DANCING!

=====
Ven