CS Lewis (Was: Favourite books)

Judith Ridge Judith.Ridge at det.nsw.edu.au
Mon Dec 13 19:18:17 EST 2004

> And for people in the Southern hemisphere there is no
> association between winter and Christmas,

Apart from all those Christmas cards and wrapping paper with snow and robins
on, and Santa's grottos with fake snow and the fake snow people used to
spray on their windows and now pile up on their roofs in alarmingly American
fashion (house decoration-wise I mean) and "Dashing through the snow" and
"Chestnuts roasting on an open fire" on every shopping centre musak... But
yeah, I'm looking forward to a cold seafood Christmas lunch and if it's as
hot as it was last year, a dip in the pool an hour after eating!

Judith

Judith Ridge
Editorial Staff
The School Magazine