Doubles in DWJ

Ven vendersleighc at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 13 18:27:57 EST 2004

I queried

 Now Judith and Diana are clearly in rapport
here
> but for us lesser mortals can you clarify this
> bit please? I mean I can see that Gwendolen and
> Janet are doubles of course but it's not
> something I've spotted in general.

and Judith pointed out
<Ergh, Ven, it was 1992 and I was up to my
eyeballs in DWJ for an MA thesis
that I never finished (a rather annoying divorce
and a subsequent nomadic
professional and personal life took my attention
away from The Academe for
some time--ten years in fact). I would have to go

and dig out all my old
notes, which are no doubt in my father's garage
somewhere, to remember all
the ones I was working with. Indeed, to remember
any! Alas, the memory isn't
the steel trap it used to be ;-) So instead of me

investigating the bowels
of Dad's garage (she says, Avoiding Homework),
why don't we make it a "thing" here?

I'm so sorry to have put you on the spot Judith I
guess I was convinced that every nuance of
conversation with Diana would be imprinted on
your brain for all time. However Kyla was right
when she said:

<I think Ven's question might have been "what do
you *mean* by doubles?" because that's my
question too.>
 only I didn't put it as clearly.

=====
Ven