CS Lewis (Was: Favourite books)

Jon Noble jon_p_noble at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 13 16:43:19 EST 2004

--- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise
<jenne at fiedlerfamily.net> wrote:

> > > The Ransom books I read from the school
> > > library as a young teen.
>
> Anybody familiar with Leonard Wibberley's
>
> Encounter Near Venus
> and
> Journey to Untor
>
> Which I thought were very reminiscent of the Ransom
> books but, well,
> much more fun to read. :)

The only ones of his I've ever read were the mouse
that roared and The mouse on the moon. (also a great
fan of the movies of these two). There was quite a
group of sf published in the 50s and into the 60s that
was quite similar to the Ransom books, in many cases
(usually the worst) there was some message in them.

Jon