DWJ quizzes

mecha godscylla mechagodscylla at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 13 15:45:39 EST 2004

minnow wrote:
>How about the healing magics?  Anyone else out there?  obDWJ, she's a
>mind-healer, I swear it: people who are hurting from things they feel
>emotionally, rather than from physical injuries, are made better by her
>talking with them even if she doesn't really say anything particularly to
>the point.  As it were and very hard to describe.

No need to describe it since it is in her books. Well said! Do you think it
has anything to do with the way she writes (and says, but I wouldn't know)
things that are true?  I personally suspect/think that is a big part of it,
but I don't know how it works.

I used to know someone who could quite literally pick up a wasps' nest in
his bare hands
>(I watched from a *distance*) to move it to a safe place from a site where
>it was going to be poisoned, and not get stung at all, and if that wasn't
>magic I don't know what is.

That's amazing.  I wonder how that works, though don't plan to learn through
trial and error. Even learning by observation sounds too intense....

Elise