Doubles in DWJ

Kyla Tornheim kyla at sccs.swarthmore.edu
Mon Dec 13 08:01:02 EST 2004

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004, Judith Ridge wrote:

> Which doubles have you noticed in DWJ's books?

I think Ven's question might have been "what do you *mean* by doubles?"
because that's my question too. Do you mean how DWJ's husband seems to
show up a lot, in that I think he was the vague basis for at least the
physical description of the Iron Guardian, Mordion, and Anthony Green? Or
is it something else?

> And speaking of MA theses; I am back in the thick of mine, with a new topic
> of the re-telling of fairy tales in YA novels. If anyone is interested, the
> next (and tragically penultimate) Children's Literature New England in
> August in Boston next year is on fairy tales. Speakers include Jack Zipes,
> Gregory Maguire, Betsy Hearne and for those on child_lit, Monica Edinger!

Oooooh, tasty tasty! And near me! ...that reminds me, I need to actually
finish *reading* that Jack Zipes book.