Talking to people who don't hear you (was DWJ quizzes)

Kyla Tornheim kyla at sccs.swarthmore.edu
Mon Dec 13 07:57:15 EST 2004

On Sun, 12 Dec 2004, Margaret Ball wrote:

> Exchanges like this make me wonder if I'm really a ghost living in
> somebody else's nearly-parallel universe....except <obdwj> I don't seem
> to have been issued any of Christopher Chant's magical powers along with
> the world-traveling.

It's not that you're wrong, it's that the world is? Yeah. I have a friend
who lives in New Mexico, and you should hear all her stories about trying
to mail things, and the postal service people thinking that New Mexico is
another country. And this is the *postal* service; I'm sure they have maps
and stuff. Also computers that will say "oh, New Mexico? Yes, that's fine,
it's in the United States so this thing we're sending to Maine does *not*
need customs stamps." Although apparently they don't.