The short story about the wolves (was Blank Intro "form")

Paul Andinach pandinac at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Mon Dec 13 02:10:01 EST 2004

On Thu, 9 Dec 2004, Ven wrote:

> Esther said her Least favourite DWJ was

> > The short story about the wolves.  Please someone who likes it try
> > to show me what I'm clearly missing!!
>
> I'm missing the same thing, can somebody tell us what, even if you
> don't like the story but just understand it

I don't think *anybody* understands it; even DWJ has admitted that she
doesn't entirely.

It came to her in a dream, you know. (And you know that bit in 'The
Voyage of the Dawn Treader' where they find the island where dreams
come true, and the narrator says that if you think this is a good
thing you're forgetting what dreams are actually *like*...)

Paul
--
"Hold fast to the one noble thing."