DWJ quizzes

Gili Bar-Hillel gbhillel at netvision.net.il
Sun Dec 12 14:47:15 EST 2004

>Oh yes. I could tell which of my friends were real friends because they
>would pick that out and be shocked. Everyone else sort of let it flow
>over them. :)

Or possibly they didn't know how to respond to this, and were fervently
hoping that if they ignored it you would stop talking about it and not put
them in the uncomfortable position of having to offer some word of advice or
support about a situation they would very much rather not know anything
about? Depending on how well I knew you, I could imagine myself in a similar
situation just nodding and not saying anything. Or not, again, depending on
how well I knew you. Anyway, sounds like a horrendous situation. If
retrospective empathy is worth anything, you have mine, and a virtual <hug>
if you find that kind of thing consoling.

Gili