Talking to people who don't hear you (was DWJ quizzes)

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Sun Dec 12 12:59:56 EST 2004

> Ouch! Probably because they didn't want to hear it and didn't want to
> deal with it? Or was it simply that such a situation wasn't part of
> their mental world and they couldn't hear it?

This sort of oddity in human communication patterns is commented on by
the entire works of Douglas Adams and Terry Pratchett. Basically, you
paint it pink and put a Somebody Else's Problem field on it, and they
can't see it. :)

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"I don't get the facts wrong.  It's everything else I screw up."
    -- _The Librarian: Quest for the Spear_