Tam Lin (was Favourite books)

Margaret Ball margaret at onr.com
Sun Dec 12 10:47:25 EST 2004

Otter wrote:

> I reread it, too.  And I also don't think it's that "good."  But
> it certainly presses many of my buttons.  I always want to
> go off and study something new after I've read it.  You know --
> try to learn Ancient Greek again[1], or study trigonometry or
> something.

Yup. It's a book I can't part with even though I don't think it's well
structured. I think its appeal for me really lies in the
not-officially-fantasy bits...it's like the college experience I wish
I'd had. And that's probably as much fantasy as the rest of it.

--
Margaret Ball
http://www.flameweaver.com

Mathematicians are like Frenchmen; whatever you say to them they translate into their own language and forthwith it is something entirely different.

                                        -Goethe