Favourite books

Sally Odgers sodgers at dodo.com.au
Sun Dec 12 10:23:52 EST 2004

> Never cared for any other Barbara Michaels .... or maybe
> just never bothered to read more than one other ....

I've read a lot of them, but like some a lot better than others. "Houses of
Stone" is good (it's about the discovery of a rare ms and the detective work
in finding the identity of the author) and I like "The Dancing Floor" for
it's garden stuff... ditto "Vanish Like the Rose", but in all cases it's
more the subject that I'm into. (Now I know something about Tradescant and
David Austin Roses and the history of feminist literature...)

In AMMIE I liked the subject AND the plot and characters.

Sallyo.