Favourite books

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Sun Dec 12 00:19:59 EST 2004

> <
> >Patricia C. Wrede
> >       ALL
> >Try starting with: the series The Enchanted Forest (begins with Dealing
> >with Dragons)
>
> No no no, start with *The Seven Towers*, it has the funniest witch ever
> written.>
>
> I am in the middle of The Seven Towers, since I finally got a copy.
> Yes, Amberglas is a riot!

I wish I *was* Amberglas. (I secretly suspect my friends think I talk
like her, and that doesn't bother me one bit.) I love her dearly, and
will periodically break down and re-read Seven Towers just to experience
her, though I find some of the other characters quite stupid (not in a
bad writing way, but in the same way that I find Donaldson's _The Mirror
of Her Dreams_ and _A Man Rides Through It_ maddening).

In many ways, she's similar to Morwen in the Enchanted Forest, but she
reminds me of someone in DWJ too, but I can't think who.

(I just finished re-reading Heyer's _Unknown Ajax_ and will probably now
have to go re-read Mairelon the Magician, which will send me to The
Talisman Ring, and so forth...)

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"I don't get the facts wrong.  It's everything else I screw up."
    -- _The Librarian: Quest for the Spear_