Favourite books

Sally Odgers sodgers at dodo.com.au
Sat Dec 11 22:15:59 EST 2004

I think it's badly shaped, and the ending is hurried, but although I'm not a
major-anything, I don't mind the name-dropping. I just love the book without
exactly admiring it. It's like a family member. I might know objectively
that s/he has faults, but still love him/her to bits. I don't even think the
characterisation is that good. I never find Tina as annoying as Janet says
she is, and I don't "see" any of the characters. DWJ could write rings
around her, but still it has SOMETHING. I pick it up and read a page or two
and next thing I;m halfway through and the bathwater's getting cold.

Sallyo.