Favourite books

deborah.dwj at suberic.net deborah.dwj at suberic.net
Sat Dec 11 22:07:09 EST 2004

On Sun, 12 Dec 2004, Sally Odgers wrote:
|TAM LIN - Pamela Dean

You know, I reread Tam Lin, too.  Yet objectively I don't think it's
that *good*.  I think it's self-indulgent name-dropping English major
fiction set at Carleton ... er .. fictional Blackstock.  Yet I'm a
self-indulent English major, so I get off on all the clever
referentiality.  I like it for many of the same reasons I like much
fanfic, actually -- it pushes many of my fiction buttons.

-deborah
--
"Tai Chi works wonders when I feel like killing things.
Of course, so does actually killing things."