Re Introductions

Sally Odgers sodgers at dodo.com.au
Sat Dec 11 21:44:06 EST 2004

We have a jack russell with a crocodile jaw. Fortunately, she doesn't bite
people or other animals, but you should see her catch a ball that's bigger
than her head.

Sallyo.

"I nearly jumped out of my skin about then, because a little animal came
scooting across the ground, yaffling its head off. It was covered with a
brush of pinkish greyish fuzz, and it had long ears and a nose that nearly
reached the ground. It skidded to a stop next to my left foot and tilted its
head to look up at me. Two sharp eyes beaded at me from among the fuzz, and
it gave one short, sharp, yap. Then it let about a metre of pink tongue
unfurl, yawned widely and started panting.
 I swallowed, hard, because the thing had a gape like a crocodile. Its head
was more than half the length of its body, and its jaws ran more than half
the length of its head. It was the ugliest thing I've ever seen, and it was
dribbling on my feet."