Cats (was Re: Introduction)

Ven vendersleighc at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 11 21:11:09 EST 2004

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 17:23:50 +0000,
minnow at belfry.org.uk wrote:

>Melissa explained:
>
>>On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 13:32:20 +0000,
minnow at belfry.org.uk wrote:
but he could visit any time.
>>>I doubt one could stop him if he wanted to, so

it would be just as well to
>>>be relaxed to the inevitable.  :-)
>>I think the cat population of our house would
be...thrilled.

>For some value of "thrilled".  :-)  Terrified?

In age order, "infuriated," "bewildered," and
"cowed."  Though I could be wrong about the last
one.>

One of mine would exhibit "challenging" behaviour
if it cost him his ears. The other would growl
and spit and make terrible noises -- from the
safety of a shelf, she likes to shelve herself.

Discussing Throgmorten makes me rather melancholy
at the moment. My beautiful ginger cat, Alex died
recently. I always regarded Alex, a large,
handsome, long legged orange thing as looking
very like Throgmorten. He had the domineering
nature and the charisma too but, thankfully, not
the temper.

Cats' names Present, Vespa (the Emperor
Vespasian, also a scooter and a wasp) Cam,
(Camberwell Beauty, a brown and white butterfly).
Past, Alex (Alexander the Great) Cirocco, known
as Rocky or Rox (C. Jones from John Varley's
Titan series)  Halo (another one from John
Varley, also Halo Jones), Raffy (Raphael), Kish
(a Mesopotamian city), Clio (the Muse of History
renamed/spelled from Cleo which we found raher
commonplace) Pushkin (another Alexander).
Childhood pets, Tabitha, Fluff  and Sooty.

=====
Ven