DWJ quizzes

Sat Dec 11 18:18:51 EST 2004

On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 16:06:21 +1100, Sally Odgers wrote:

>Since Katie has reminded me of the quizzes (thanks, Katie!) I'm interested
>to know what magic powers we all have. I do creation magic, Melissa is
>obviously in to persuasive magic (Melissa is always right). Margaret, you're
>creation magic twice over, counting your fabric-makings. Widdy - and some
>others - music magic. We're almost all into name magic of some kind - Dorian
>and the others who have changed theirs particularly.

Now you've got me sidetracked off what *I* was supposed to be doing.
(Making copies.  Lots of them.)

I think a lot of us have forms of divination magic, beginning with the
ability to read well--after all, that requires symbolic interpretation and
either acquiring or creating meaning.  Then there's finding answers to
things quickly, which breaks down into intrinsic divination (recall from
one's own memory) and the use of magical objects (computer searches, and
don't think that doesn't take a special gift).  I personally have the magic
power of finding the dirty bits in any given book just by opening it at
random.  It is more useful than you'd imagine.

Pity my persuasive powers don't work on sapient creatures.  My children
don't have any problem ignoring my instructions.  Then I have to break out
the power of Yelling Really Loudly and Threatening Them With Dismemberment.

Melissa Proffitt