Favourite books (was Re: Blank Intro "form")

Otter Perry ottertee at silverwinggraphics.com
Sat Dec 11 16:15:19 EST 2004

On Saturday, December 11, 2004, at 08:43 AM, minnow at belfry.org.uk wrote:

> I defy you.  Do you honestly stand there with your hand on your heart
> and
> tell  me that you like *Titus Andronicus*?  I don't believe one can
> *like*
> it.  Admire, maybe (I don't), but *like*?

Hmmm.  Well, I don't see why people don't do it as a black comedy
nowadays.  It's very hard to read with a straight face, and the only
production I've seen cut the parts that made me laugh when I was
reading it.

[I'm sure somebody _has_ done it as a black comedty.  I just
  haven't seen it.]

On another paw, the end of Hamlet is pretty funny with all those
corpses piling up on the stage.

I saw the BBC/Time-Life production of _Timon of Athens_ and can
hardly remember it.  That one's hard to imagine doing
successfully ....

- It doesn't make any difference what you do in the
   bedroom as long as you don't do it in the street
   and frighten the horses.

                                    -- Mrs. Patrick Campbell