Favourite books (was Re: Blank Intro "form")

Kyla Tornheim kyla at sccs.swarthmore.edu
Sat Dec 11 12:39:09 EST 2004

On Sat, 11 Dec 2004, Melissa Proffitt wrote:

> I usually re-read _The Dark is Rising_ at Christmastime myself for the same
> reason.  And I loved _Seaward_.  Both of those books have this atmosphere to
> them that is really unique.

Yes! Yes indeedy. And it's the atmosphere that I really love. It sort of
surrounds me in a bubble when I'm reading those books, and the words are
all the right words to be in that bubble, and the plot is part of the
atmosphere, part of the scenery. It's like a physical path that you're
tracing, spread out before you, in the atmosphere.

...I like my metaphors shaken, not stirred. ;^) It still feels like
morning to me, so my brain is kind of fuzzy.