Favourite books (was Re: Blank Intro "form")

Kyla Tornheim kyla at sccs.swarthmore.edu
Sat Dec 11 10:57:03 EST 2004

On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 minnow at belfry.org.uk wrote:

> Katie Meyers wrote:
>
> >Books:
> >The books are listed under genre, and under genre, alphabetically under
> >author.  Named below the author are the books recommended most, or the
> >one/ones best known by the author, or the only one/ones I have read by
> >the author.  If ALL is listed beneath the author, all the books are
> >amazing.
>
> >Susan B. Cooper
> >        ALL
> >         the series The Dark is Rising (begins with Over Sea, Under Stone,
> >though you can also start with          The Dark is Rising (Book 2))
>
> I'm not all that impressed by her work outside that series.

I really like Seaward, more than any Dark Is Rising book except The Dark
Is Rising itself; but I find the latter is more uncomfortable and prickly,
and therefore can only read it around Christmas-time, when it fits in with
the whole atmosphere (or should--stupid constant rain instead of snow this
month).