Blank Intro "form"

ROSLYN rosgross at bigpond.net.au
Fri Dec 10 22:45:20 EST 2004

Thanks, Widdy!
  Name: Roslyn Kopel Gross

  Living in: Melbourne, Australia

  Age: 52 (I don't believe it, but apparently it's true).

  What I do when not playing here: Read, read, and read some more. I do some writing: book reviews, short stories. I work as a CRT ('replacement' secondary school teacher) but am looking for something else.Have bouts of trying to get our house in order, for the most part unsuccessfully. I also do Israeli dancing, only once a week, but I live it.

  Married/partnered/?: Married to Abe for 27 years.

  Offspring (human variety): A 23-year-old daughter, Zoe, and a 19 year-old son, Josh.

  Offspring (non-human): Giles the labradoodle (poodle cross labrador, named after the Buffy character). We had a cat, Tinker, until he died last year.

  First DWJ/when: Charmed Life around when it was first published, and was hooked, even though it was hard to find her books in those years.

  Favourite DWJ (Why am I doing this to myself?!): _Deep Secret_, _Howl's Moving Castle_, Charmed Life_, _Archer's Goon_.

  Least favourite DWJ:  Short stories, _Eight Days of Luke_, _Dogsbody_.

  Other favourite authors/books: Jane Austen, Ursula K. LeGuin,  Lois McMaster Bujold, Connie Willis, Philip Pullman, Guy Gavriel Kay, Patricia McKillip, Caroline Stevermer, Pataricia Wrede, Pamela Dean, Robin McKinley, Garth Nix, Sharon Shinn, some of Madeleine L'Engle, Zenna Henderson, Nancy Atherton (the 'Aunt Dimity' books), Martha Wells, some of Jonathan Carroll, Salley Vickers (especially _Miss Garnet's Angel_) and lots more I'll probably think of the minute I send this off...

  Music: I have eclectic tastes. Love anything with a rich, atmospheric sound. Some classical favourites: Pachelbel, Bach, Robert Vaughn Williams (especially "On a Theme by Thomas Tallis'), Rodriguez, Grieg. Other music: Simon and Garfunkel, Art Garfunkel on his own, Elton John, Enya, Van Morrison, Air Supply, Israeli music...Lots more but can't think now.

  Favourite movies: The Jane Austen adaptations (including the old BBC versions), The People (70s movie based on Zenna Henderson books, with William Shatner), Contact, Labyrinth, Chocolat...

  Favourite TV: The Simpsons, Six Feet Under, The L Word (until they abruptly and arbitrarily took it off TV here), The Midsomer Murder Mysteries, Sea Change (Aussie series) when it was on. We don't have cable so I'm restricted to the ordinary networks.

  Currently reading:  Just finished _Instances of the Number Three_ by Salley Vickers.

  If there's nothing wrong with me, maybe there's something wrong with the universe.
  Dr. Beverly Crusher

  Ian W. Riddell
  iwriddell at charter.net