DWJ quizzes

Gili Bar-Hillel gbhillel at netvision.net.il
Fri Dec 10 17:25:44 EST 2004

Hi Katie,

the quizzes either originated on this list or had their first test runs
here, so yes, most of us have done them and discussed them. But we could
always have another go. When you've been around this list long enough,
you'll realise that the conversations tend to come full cycle and repeat,
but they're usually just as fun the second time around as they were the
first.

Sounds like you had a lot of fun with Tartuffe. I once directed a production
of "The Miser" which was tons of fun: if "Tartuffe" is Moliere's greatest
play (many think so), the Miser is probably in the second tier. Our
production didn't have any beating with umbrellas, but we had a lot of
silliness and some fun anachronisms like a whole Keystone cops chase running
through the audience and a gorilla popping out of a random door (or at
least, it was a gorilla for the second half of the run, once the gorilla
suit was available. Before that it was a giant bunny rabbit, all we could
find), and a very elaborate powdered wig with a birdcage incorporated into
it. Of the five productions I've directed in my life, this was by far the
most fun.