Searching the archive?

deborah.dwj at suberic.net deborah.dwj at suberic.net
Fri Dec 10 11:22:20 EST 2004

On Thu, 9 Dec 2004, Juliette Curtis wrote:

|Hello all:
|
|Is it possible to search the list archive? I can't see how to do it. I'd
|like to read the old discussions of Hexwood, then tackle the book again.

My, you people do get talkative ... DURING MY FINALS WEEK.  Aaaaargh!

Um, er, was that my outside voice?

I have a massive research paper I have to turn in on Wednesday.  Then
I'm rather at loose ends for a while, except for the job hunt.  Just so
y'all know, here's my todo list as it pertains to y'all, in order of
priority.  The first two you won't see any effects from.

  1. Filter the list address through spamassassin, so I no longer have
  to deal with the several hundred bounces it generates a day from ze
  bad people.

  2. Switch the list software to mailman from majordomo so it's easier
  to manage.  (/small voice on/ and along the way set up the mailing
  list I promised a member of this list way back at the start of the
  term, if she even still wants it, because I suck. /small voice off/)

  3. Switch the list archives from mhonarc to mailman archives, which
  will (2) make them easier to maintain, but (b) kill any archived URLs
  we have of messages we particularly like, so we'll have to find
  threads again

  4. Set up a good list search.  (For now, by the way, you can use the
  search bar at the bottom of http://www.suberic.net/ -- since most of
  the content on this site is our list, it works well enough.)

  5. Anything else you ask me to do, if I can, if you ask me AFTER
  WEDNESDAY.

There.  And I love you all, so there.

-deborah
--
I'm a little teapot, short and stout.
Here is my handle and here is my ... my ...