Blank Intro Form

Katie Meyers kgmeyers at optonline.net
Fri Dec 10 00:10:11 EST 2004

For Hanukkah I would like  Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell.  I think.
Has anyone read it yet?

To the person who talked about wanting the Into the Woods soundtrack- I
love that musical!  I mean, it's like the musical version of the kind
of books I read!  I played the Witch a couple of years ago in a
community theater production, and it is my favorite part I've ever
played.  Actually, it was pretty funny, because afterwards I was
reading some notes my mom had written about me when I was a baby, and
one was about how much I enjoyed listening to the Into the Woods
soundtrack.  I saw the revival on Broadway and thought it was great,
though I love Bernadette Peters as the Witch.  Actually,  I bet a lot
of people on this list would love Into the Woods, if they enjoy fantasy
and fractured fairy tales.

To the people talking about choirs- I just got home from a big school
concert.  I am in Chamber Singers, an auditioned group.  Tonight we
sang Lily of the Valley and The Wassail Song (which always makes me
think of The Dark is Rising by Susan Cooper).

I liked Sunshine by Robin McKinley, although vampires, especially
vampire love stories can be cliche.  I like Hero and the Crown and Blue
Sword better-- I definitely guessed that the child named Aerin was from
these books!

Also- I just was searching the discard books at my school library,
where occasionally you can find something good, and I saw the most
cliche bad fantasy book ever.  I immediately thought of the Tough
Guide.  I read relatively far into it and actually laughed out loud
because it was so ridiculous.  Melodramatic!  Seriously bad.  It was
called Shadows of Doom.  Ummm,  I'm sorry if it's someone's favorite
book.  What book do you know that has the most Tough Guide cliches?
This had all the OMTs, color-coding, a Dark Lord, a Princess,
everything.  But especially OMTs.