Subject: Re:Heyer (was Names of children (was Melissa's Introduction))

Katie Meyers kgmeyers at optonline.net
Thu Dec 9 23:55:50 EST 2004

I don't know how many people of my generation read Heyer, but I started
reading her when I ran out of Jane Austen.  Actually, she was credited
at the beginning of Sorcery and Cecelia by Pat Wrede and Caroline
Stevermer, so that's how I realized she was the next place to go for
Regency Romance.  Since my town library is small and way out-of-date
(we just got computer barcode-type library cards as opposed to metal
punch cards!), it has a bunch of very old editions of her books,
presumably from when she was more popular.