college of magics

Katie Meyers kgmeyers at optonline.net
Thu Dec 9 23:43:16 EST 2004

> Someone mentioned A College of Magics by Caroline Stevermer and the
> title sounds vaguely familiar to a book I read a long time ago.
>
> Can anyone who has read it more recently confirm or deny if it has a
> very rushed ending that doesn't flow quite the way the rest of the book
> did ?

I'd say you're definitely thinking of the right book.  I thought the
ending was strange.  Actually, I thought the whole book had an
unsettling tone to it.  When I finished the book I wasn't sure whether
I liked it or not, but it made me think.  I like other Stevermer books
better, but she's not one of my favorites.